Good times. Not lap times.
The Biltwell 100 is designed to be fun, challenging and safe. The 25-mile course we’ve laid out is very Baja like– fast, lightly whooped out and not very rocky or technical. Logistically it’s a breeze with only one pit area at the Start-Finish that is easily accessible with motorhomes and non 4×4 vehicles. Spectating can be done anywhere along the race course as long as you stay 150 feet from it. You are encouraged to bring a dirt bike, quad, SXS or buggy and come out and enjoy the trails before, during and after the race. Camping is “dispersed” and free of charge. This area is BLM land, so all the usual rules apply and we expect you to leave it cleaner than you found it when you leave. There will be award festivities at start/finish area on Saturday night.
Due to the event being on federal land, and the President’s January 21st order of all federal lands to require facemasks, we will be strictly enforcing this facemask requirement. (No you don’t have to wear one while racing!) This is what we’ve got to do to make sure that racing can remain open, and that our use of federal lands will not be taken away from us. Also realize this is a kinetic situation and things may be different in April. We will adjust accordingly and comply with all state and federal mandates, etc.
There are more details in the “Rules” section of this website but here’s the highlights:
• Race entries are limited to 150 riders this year.
• You will pick your class during the check-out process on Eventbrite.
• All bikes must have CA green or red OHV sticker or current street legal registration.
• Racers must be 18 years and older only.
• No “team” riding, one rider per bike, per entry.
• Men and Women’s classes start on same line but scored separately.
• Racing starts at 9:00AM sharp, Saturday, April 10, 2021
• Rubber band Grand Prix start by class, starting with fastest classes first.
• Course closes at 3:00 PM, all riders off the trail by 5:00 PM
• Scoring by helmet transponder and traditional “fender card”.
• Sign up closes one week prior– April 2nd.
We’ve divided the classes up based on era of bike and on modern bikes the classes are determined by age group. Men and Women have the same exact class breakdown but are scored separately. All classes get a trophy for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This event will sell out, so once we open registration you should go for it.