We’ve divided the classes up based on era of bike and on modern bikes the classes are determined by age group. Men and Women have the same exact class breakdown but are scored separately. All classes get a trophy for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Total number of entries is capped at 200 racers. This event will sell out, so once we open registration you should go for it. Entries will go on sale Jan 24th, 2022. Watch Biltwell social media for more last minute updates.
1. Racers may enter only one class.
2. No “team” riding. One rider, one bike, per entry.
3. Classes may be mixed at starting line but will be scored separately.
4. The fastest classes will start first. Men and women in the same classes may start together but will be scored separately. Different classes may be combined to create a full row but racers will only be scored against riders in their own class. There will be a short break between each starting row.
5. A single lap is roughly 25 miles. Classes run between 1 and 4 laps depending on age of bike and rider.
New and notable for 2022:
• Numbers will be given to you randomly at registration. This will speed up the registration process and avoid confusion on the course for manual scoring. We will provide you with big stick on numbers that can go over your existing ones and you can peel them off after the race. This is way better than pie plates, electric tape numbers or a dozen “69’s” on the course at the same time. Just go with it, and we’ll see how it works.
• What we called Enduro Open last year is now called “Scrambler” and there is an Expert and Novice class. Scrambler is for the non-Sportster, 750cc twins like Ducatis, modern Triumphs, Pan Americas, Indian FTR/Scouts, etc. This keeps sandbagging to a minimum, keeps Hooligans on shitty old Sportsters and should lead to some heavy racing battles between some really fast riders on really big bikes.
• The course will be roughly the same, though it will run in the opposite direction. This will avoid the road crossing and “second start” scenario that was a little confusing and hard to spectate last year.
• We’ve increased safety and organization after learning a few things in 2021. We will have a central phone number (bikes don’t have radios!) for broke down riders to call, with a dedicated dispatcher on-site to help get to you sooner. There will be a clearly marked Info + First Aid tent near the stage that will be equipped with EMTs, ice, first aid supplies, etc. We will also be supplying each racer with a “stuck stub” and will explain its usage to noobs during the rider’s meeting.
• We’ve got twice as many portable toilets coming this year.
• During the awards ceremony on Saturday night there will be free tacos and beer while they last
MISFIT OPEN (ANYONE ON ANY BIKE, INCLUDES PIT BIKES) 1 LAP
VINTAGE (1970 and earlier) EXPERT MEN/WOMEN 2 LAPS
VINTAGE (1970 and earlier) NOVICE MEN/WOMEN 2 LAPS
DUAL SHOCK (1971 – 1990) EXPERT MEN/WOMEN 3 LAPS
DUAL SHOCK (1971 – 1990) NOVICE MEN/WOMEN 3 LAPS
VINTAGE MONO SHOCK (Up to1990) EXPERT MEN/WOMEN 4 LAPS
VINTAGE MONO SHOCK (Up to1990) NOVICE MEN/WOMEN 4 LAPS
HOOLIGAN EXPERT MEN/WOMEN (HARLEY ONLY / OVER 750CC) 4 LAPS
HOOLIGAN NOVICE MEN/WOMEN (HARLEY ONLY / OVER 750CC) 4 LAPS
SCRAMBLER EXPERT MEN/WOMEN (TWIN OVER 750CC) 4 LAPS (Modern Ducati, Triumph, Pan America, Indian FTR/Scout, etc)
SCRAMBLER NOVICE MEN/WOMEN (TWIN OVER 750CC) 4 LAPS (Modern Ducati, Triumph, Pan America, Indian FTR/Scout, etc)
MODERN 18-40 EXPERT MEN/WOMEN 4 LAPS
MODERN 18-40 NOVICE MEN/WOMEN 3 LAPS
MODERN OVER 41-60 EXPERT MEN/WOMEN 4 LAPS
MODERN OVER 41-60 NOVICE MEN/WOMEN 3 LAPS
MODERN 61+ LEGEND MEN/WOMEN 4 LAPS